post song problems here

Discuss topics on Progressive Rock Radio and Progressive Metal Radio !

Moderator: SteveM

MAVIII

. . . waiting . . .

Post by MAVIII »

Oh Really!

Hmmm, had my chance to Get that Devin album used and blew it, need to request more of it.
Totally understand the frustrations with the dead air though ;) . . . (beat) . . . like that . . .

(beat) . . . . and that one.

(*strange synthed guitar noise appears then a squirrel squeeling with added chamber-reverb
fades into a cacophony of drums, then the dialogue, "The TRUTH!? You cant handle the TRUTH!"
. . . my post ends abruptly).

:arrow:
scout
Site Admin

Re: Hi PrOgulus Masters . . .

Post by scout »

MAVIII wrote:Hello to the Powers that be,

So here is something that I'd like to find out if any other listeners would like their "Search"
to be easier:
The "Various Artist" sort-of CD, It would be nice if ALL of them were easier to find under 1
Title/Genre, like Various Artists or "Compilations".

thats it ;).

Oh and "In the Dead of Night" by U.K. is still on the request list "Twice", any thoughts of
merging the 3 songs into 1 :?:

(Cringing) . . . put that Rock down . . . NOOOOOOOO!

(But again, Thank you for the consideration ;) )
I agree that having the Various Artist's CDs broken out by artist makes them harder to find if you're searching for a specific album, but I do prefer to have them broken out by artist. The reason is that these bands get requested a lot more that way, and when they are all lumped together under 'Various Artist' they are all subject to the same artist' request rule.

I'll take a listen to UK and see if merging the tracks you mentioned makes sense.

Note to self: Kotebel-Pentacle's Suite and Persephone's Dream-Temple In Time should be merged
MAVIII

;)

Post by MAVIII »

It makes sense Scout ;)

I found looking at the Album List helped as well.

And thanks for consideration of the U.K. "Trilogy" merging :D

. . . It'll at-least make Bucky and me Happy Proggers :o.

:D
honolulucharles

Flash-Dreams of Heaven

Post by honolulucharles »

Sounds like a skip in the first 4 minutes, during the second verse...although it might have been live365 up to its tricks...
honolulucharles

Patrick Moraz - Change of Space -One Day in June

Post by honolulucharles »

The title of the song is showing up as On Day in June...should be One
iceman

Post by iceman »

Just heard the new IQ,Frequency, Stronger Than Friction and it seemed to end abrubtly.Since its the first time played don't know if thats how its supposed to end. :?
The mind is like a parachute, it dosen't work unless it's open
MAVIII

. . . a fan boy thing :P

Post by MAVIII »

So I had noticed before but was just reminded,

So this is a leetle thing not to be bent out of shape over, but since it was their debut . . .

Pallas - "The Sentinel", has the year 2004 on it, in fact, thats the re-release date with the extra
tracks that were included to expand the "Sentinel Epic".
The Year it was released was in 1984 (what a nice find on Vinyl back then, just a blind purchase).

A great album that doesnt seem to get much air play, and I prefer the original vocalist Euan Lowson.
Great Artwork and Music :D
Wiki:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pallas_(band) <----Look up Band.

Anyways, thought I'd mention it, I'll just hide in my dark room now . . . 8)
iceman

Post by iceman »

I know this is not a problem witha song in particular ,but this is a problem with every song it seems at the same time every night for the last week or longer. I don't think it's a problem with Progulus but with the stream from Live365. It is very aggrevating to those of us that are on at this time. We are almost afraid of requesting songs due to a buffering issue that happens regularly for several hours, we understand that the powers that be can't be here 24/7 and this needs to be brought up. If there is anything that can be done about this it would be graefully appreciated. thanx
The mind is like a parachute, it dosen't work unless it's open
Rens

Post by Rens »

There's an error on Wuthering Heights's album title "Far From the Madding Crowd". It should be "Madding" instead of "Maddening".
Rens

Post by Rens »

Cloakwheel's album "This Crooked Path You've Drawn" is wrongly listed as "Smolder".....and Wuthering Heights' album title "Far From the Madding Crowd" hasn't been fixed! :?
Erpman

Post by Erpman »

To those with more power than most:

Black [Black by Siddhartha added May 14, 2009]
Siddhartha
Trip To Innerself (2009)

Has an incorrect myface link. The link goes to another band called Siddhartha; the link you want is this:

h ttp://www.myspace.com/siddharthasound

Also on a related note they are not American (the incorrect band link are American though). Siddhartha are Turkish.

...it's great stuff though :D
JR.

Post by JR. »

On "Various Artists - Guitar's Practicing Musicians Volume 1 - VA (1989)":
Song title = "Western Vacation", artist/soloist = "Reckless Fable"
scout
Site Admin

Post by scout »

iceman wrote:I know this is not a problem witha song in particular ,but this is a problem with every song it seems at the same time every night for the last week or longer. I don't think it's a problem with Progulus but with the stream from Live365. It is very aggrevating to those of us that are on at this time. We are almost afraid of requesting songs due to a buffering issue that happens regularly for several hours, we understand that the powers that be can't be here 24/7 and this needs to be brought up. If there is anything that can be done about this it would be graefully appreciated. thanx

I think it's not a problem with Live365, but either with my ISP or my DSL carrier. Evening is when internet traffic is highest and I think they must be having a problem keeping up. Unfortunately I don't think this is a problem that can be resolved easily but I'll see what I can do.

BTW - everything posted on this thread thus far should be fixed, merged, or edited.
MAVIII

Wow!

Post by MAVIII »

Man Scout, you have been Busy! :D

Thanks for all the Merging and Info correcting you have been doing, I'm sure it gets your Back and Neck
'a throbbing (and nerves), it must be very tedious, but again -you look after us well :D

Thank yOu very much my Liege :bowshumbly: ;)

Now could you please Merge Rush's Cygnus X-1 with Hemispheres Book II . . . WAIT FOR IT! . . . :lol:
Zaii

Post by Zaii »

scout wrote:
iceman wrote:I know this is not a problem witha song in particular ,but this is a problem with every song it seems at the same time every night for the last week or longer. I don't think it's a problem with Progulus but with the stream from Live365. It is very aggrevating to those of us that are on at this time. We are almost afraid of requesting songs due to a buffering issue that happens regularly for several hours, we understand that the powers that be can't be here 24/7 and this needs to be brought up. If there is anything that can be done about this it would be graefully appreciated. thanx

I think it's not a problem with Live365, but either with my ISP or my DSL carrier. Evening is when internet traffic is highest and I think they must be having a problem keeping up. Unfortunately I don't think this is a problem that can be resolved easily but I'll see what I can do.

BTW - everything posted on this thread thus far should be fixed, merged, or edited.

At 22:25 BST on 1st June the stream went Ka-put. My winamp was constantly buffering so that the music was effectively skipping. Very sad as Arca and I were wanting to hear the Zero Hour I had queued up! According to the listener counter there were only 17 people tuned in at the time of death, so not exactly an over loaded system, but I don't know how accurate that counter is, considering we frequently have "0 listeners"!

I don't know if this will help you diagnose the issue, Scout but I just thought I'd let you know.

Thanks, for the work you put in here, Scout! Prog on 8)