post song problems here

Discuss topics on Progressive Rock Radio and Progressive Metal Radio !

Moderator: SteveM

scout
Site Admin

post song problems here

Post by scout »

This includes songs containing dead air, bad rips, songs that you think should be merged or split, etc.
shredhead

Portnoy forum joke

Post by shredhead »

Scout, your rip of DT's "Pull Me Under" cuts off at the end.
There's a 50/50 chance that what I wrote above is plain bullshit.....believe it at your own risk.
Falcon

Post by Falcon »

That's how the song ends on the CD, I don't think there is anything erronious with that rip. I will have to request it later.. just to make sure of course :wink:
Needs more cowbell
shredhead

Post by shredhead »

Falcon wrote:That's how the song ends on the CD, I don't think there is anything erronious with that rip. I will have to request it later.. just to make sure of course :wink:
Nothing erroneous. If you look at the subject above my post, you'll see that it's an old Portnoy forum joke. Not sure why DT chose to end the song that way, but they did.
There's a 50/50 chance that what I wrote above is plain bullshit.....believe it at your own risk.
Falcon

Post by Falcon »

D'oh! yeah missed that, long week... mind going, going, GONE! A home run!
Needs more cowbell
MAVIII

. . . . . . . .

Post by MAVIII »

1. Nevermore-"Love Bites" after, many minutes of Dead air into Extra Sound FX for the song
"Politics of Ecstasy" (Hidden "Surprise", its pretty scary ;) )

2. After Psychotic Waltz-"Mindsong", though I like how long it takes to get to the "Reprise" of
an earlier song (Can't remember what song, My CD is burried in Boxes). Again, it was like
a "Surprise" when I 1st heard it, It actually scared me because I thought the CD was over
as I was Drawing . . . POW! there it was :p

Haha! About the DT song, I always liked the "abrupt" ending. I think it was a creative way of
going from a more Aggressive opener/into a more reletively "mellower" song.
I've done that alot on "Concept Tapes" and Compilation CD's.

Recent Note:
Yes . . . I have become Senile . . . AT LAST!!!! Did not "SEE" the Joke about The DT songs abrupt
ending. But they can always include an "A-Bridged" version of the song that never ends! :lol:
Like the Version of Saga's "Catwalk" ;)
Last edited by MAVIII on Sun May 31, 2009 3:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Briskey

Potenial Mergers

Post by Briskey »

Eloy's Astral Entrance and Master of Sensation off Silent Cries and Mighty Echoes should be merged
Anyone's Daughter Adonis Parts i - iv is another
subphreeze

How about bad links?

Post by subphreeze »

Figure this would be the thread to post bad links as well. The 'new' Saga link is actually http://sagaontour.moonfruit.com . the current one is no good.

Also, MAVIII & I were noticing the Saga-world and Michael Sadler sites are designed & maintained by 'Images & Words' Web design. In the I&W links section, he links to Progulus / Progged. Do you know if the person running I&W web design is a former Progged radio/ Progulus regular? MAV suggested someone that had donated rare Saga solo stuff.
MAVIII

The Page for "Images & Words" Web Develop.

Post by MAVIII »

Here ya' go:
http://www.imagesandwords.com/links.html

VERY nice of them to put Progged and Progulus there :D.
ray

Re: How about bad links?

Post by ray »

subphreeze wrote:Figure this would be the thread to post bad links as well. The 'new' Saga link is actually http://sagaontour.moonfruit.com . the current one is no good.

Also, MAVIII & I were noticing the Saga-world and Michael Sadler sites are designed & maintained by 'Images & Words' Web design. In the I&W links section, he links to Progulus / Progged. Do you know if the person running I&W web design is a former Progged radio/ Progulus regular? MAV suggested someone that had donated rare Saga solo stuff.
The original Saga - URL is http://www.sagaontour.ca/ ,

Sahara have a website, too, it is http://www.sahara-music.de/sahara/index.html
Buckminsterfullerene

Post by Buckminsterfullerene »

Enchant's old website (theoasis) is defunct. Here is their new link --> http://www.enchantband.com/
MAVIII

Hi PrOgulus Masters . . .

Post by MAVIII »

Hello to the Powers that be,

So here is something that I'd like to find out if any other listeners would like their "Search"
to be easier:
The "Various Artist" sort-of CD, It would be nice if ALL of them were easier to find under 1
Title/Genre, like Various Artists or "Compilations".

thats it ;).

Oh and "In the Dead of Night" by U.K. is still on the request list "Twice", any thoughts of
merging the 3 songs into 1 :?:

(Cringing) . . . put that Rock down . . . NOOOOOOOO!

(But again, Thank you for the consideration ;) )
Last edited by MAVIII on Mon May 04, 2009 1:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Erpman

Post by Erpman »

Band: Psychotic Waltz, Album: Mosquito, Song: Mindsong has a minute or so of silence between about 8 and 9 minutes.
MAVIII

see 9th post ;)

Post by MAVIII »

Hey Earpman,

Take a look at my opinion on that, on the 1st page of this Thread, 9th post.
Though I am sure dead space in general gets on the nerves of most PrOguli ;).

And I am still on the look-out for other Psychotic Waltz CD's in Stores to send in :shock:.
Erpman

Post by Erpman »

Ah qwap. Sorry. Pauses are an interesting ones... The pause that I could never remove is on the end of Devin's Ocean Machine (Or Ocean Machine's Bio-mec depending on whether you are an Ausi or not :wink: ) It's lovingly placed and deserves to be there! Discussion is good 8)